Saturday, June 03, 2006

LBF:Greetings from Sara

Habari! Greetings! I wish each and every one of you who are reading this were here with us. I can’t begin to explain Kenya. The smells, the sounds, the tastes, everything and anything is indescribable. I am so in love with these people, children and adults alike. I have never been surrounded by people that were so in love with Christ. It takes my breath away, literally. For those of you who know me, you know that I am not an emotional person, but since I have been here I have had to constantly calm my heart because I am so happy. I tear up just thinking about thinking about spending time with the kids. I wish that you could hear them sing… It would break your heart! And that’s okay… J I can honestly say that I have never been happier in my whole life than I am at this moment. Bwana asi fiwe!! (Praise the Lord!) I know without a doubt that God has hand picked this team and that he has been faithful to help us to share his love with these people, and in return we have all be so blessed by them as well. These kids know more about the bible in their young age than many adults that I know.

Okay so I have to fill you in on the current activity. Thank God Almighty that I am happily seated here with my ipod on (Cold Play) writing you this blog, because across the way they are currently slaughtering a goat. Personally I think that I will pass on the visual and sit here chatting with you instead.

Now that I have rambled on and on, let me fill you in about our events yesterday. We woke up, we had breakfast, and then we proceeded to prepare for the day. Our journey begins with a Bora Bora ride. Now you may be wondering “what is a Bora Bora?” Well, a Bora Bora is a bicycle with a set on the back of it similar to that of the backseat of a motorcycle, but not really. Dad I miss the Harley!!! HAHA Okay back to the update. So we rode on the Bora Bora’s for about 20 mins or so. I’m not really sure how far we went, but it was so much fun! Poor Brenda ended up with an old man as a driver though and he was not able to keep up with the rest of us. We our destination was the alcoholic rehab center. The center is great! The have a place for the guests to stay, a place for them to have chapel, and a place for them to heal. They are currently working on raising enough money to finish showers and toilets. After viewing the center we went and had Chai with the family who runs the center. We sat and shared a little about ourselves and just enjoyed everyone’s company. When we were done it was back on the Bora Bora’s for our journey home. It is so neat how friendly the people are here. As you are riding there are people all over the place that are waving hello and saying “Habari!” Which is their version of “Hey how’s it going?” My favorite part of the ride was just to close my eyes and breathe in the fresh air. It is so peaceful here!

Today we are planting some trees and helping out here and there. We are also packing and saying our goodbyes tonight, because we are leaving tomorrow morning! Ah! I hate goodbye’s… I am going to miss everyone so much! We will be heading to Kip Karen tomorrow to yet another orphanage to help and prepare for the children that will be moving-in in a couple of weeks. Just so you know if you don’t hear from us for a while it is not because we fell off the face of the earth, but because we either have little or no electricity in Kip Karen, so no internet! Pole! (Sorry!) I hope that you have enjoyed the pictures and blogs that we have been posting for you!

Prayer requests:
For Health for the team
For Owen to continue to adjust
For the delivery of Dorcas new baby!
For the health of the kids here
For a safe journey to Kip Karen, Safari, and on our journey home
For God to Bless our team and to use us here in Kenya!

I love you all!
Tutawanana!
-Sara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sara............i love you