Friday, August 04, 2006

CA: First day of VBS


I shall bow before You
Originally uploaded by Boyznberry.
(This update was written on Thursday, but couldn't be uploaded due to a power outage.)

Praise God, we arrived safe and sound. It is cold here! But we’re having a blast. 257 kids at the VBS today.

Here are some words from our team members.

Karen
I’ve never been so warmly welcomed in my entire life! The love of God is ever-present in this place, and I am humbled by the generosity here. The time we have been here has flown by, but the friendships and faces will long be remembered. The land and people are beautiful and I am blessed.

Ayeola
Hi Mom and Dad. I’m here and well. Sorry I couldn’t contact you sooner. I love you both. Can’t wait to share my experience with you both. Hopefully I’ll be able to contact you in Nairobi, until then... talk to you soon. Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

Pat
Words cannot describe this experience, but there are hundreds of pictures.

Sonae

I have never sensed so much love in a community – I feel as though I’ve come home. God is very present in this place and worshipping Him here feels just right. Praise Him for all the work He is doing in Kipkaren and Ilula!

Josh
What a blessing it is to be here and serve with the Kenyans. There is such a sense of family here. When we arrive, they say to us, “Welcome Home!” It is amazing to feel so at home even though we are thousands of miles away! This place is truly amazing and it will hold a place in my heart forever. I miss you all – thank you for your prayers!

George
While we miss the family at home, we have been made to feel at home here. Our time here has stretched us and helped us view life from a new perspective. ELI is doing a great job of giving people hope!

Nick
The Lord has showed up in amazing ways for me. The up-close personal relationship with my Savior has been revealed at a new level.

Nate and Sara
What a privilege it is to be a part of this community. From welcoming 20 new orphans to the Children’s Home in Kipkaren to leading 250 children in VBS today, we see Jesus everywhere. We met our little boy (who we support), Hillary, yesterday here at the Ilula Children’s Home. What a true joy!

Julie
Greetings to you all from Kenya! Our time thus far has been amazing. The graciousness and hospitality of the people we have met is unlike anything I have ever experienced. I wish you could be here with us – and see the face of Jesus in the men, women and children. God’s word has been shared to many and as a result, heaven has been expanded! Praise be to God. I carry each of you with me in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for your partnership and prayers on our behalf. I love you.

Brian and Kristen would also like to say thanks for the Pop Tarts and the cereal.

Thank you all for your support and prayers. God bless and we love you.

-- The CA Kenya 2006 Team

No comments: