Thursday, June 21, 2007

Megan Hoffman- More from the KK Children's Home

It has been quite a long time since my last blog entry! So much has been happening here that it is hard to believe I only have about 3 weeks left before returning home to California. One of my favorite moments with the kids has been to go into their rooms at night and say goodnight to them. Usually this entails answering tons of questions about what life is like in America. I have noticed that the boys here are especially curious. They have lots of questions and are so eager to learn! These kids amaze me with their desire to learn new things.
On another topic, I am constantly being challenged in my faith here. I feel like every day is a new instance where I am in awe of God. He has brought up so many amazing conversations, and He has challenged me through scripture and time spent listening to Him. I feel like each day the scripture I read is brought up in conversation, or is applicable to a situation I am going through. God is certainly preparing me, and challenging me to take my faith to a deeper level.
I feel so blessed to be here. My main prayer request is that I will make the most of the rest of my time here. That I will be able to discern what God would like me to accomplish each day, and that I will have the strength and the courage to follow through.

No comments: