Friday, September 01, 2006

Painter Family & Josh

Well, it's Friday and we have made it through the first week with only a few bumps and bruises. (LOL) Much of our week was spent playing with the kids and learning some interesting stuff with Brian Albright, one of the resident missionaries. I have learned a lot from them and Adele (another missionary) this past week and look forward to learning much more.

This trip has been a very interesting eye opener so far both for myself and the Painters as well. We are all learning a lot about our calling and right where God wants us to be. I can see now this is a step I definitely needed to take to find out exactly what was next for me.

Today, we were at an AIDS campaign which they started with three different races: An 18-mile bike run and two foot races (one for the men and one for women.) There was also a worship team from California that played with a band that came up from Nairobi. They were amazing! You could put this Kenyan band up them against and U.S. worship team any day of the week.

Well I have to get out of here and head to bed. Thanks for your prayers.

Josh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh, Interesting looking "building" behind you. Who's the chap beside you? I'm glad it's turned into an eye-opening venture.

Love ya lots, MOM