Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Bridge: D-day!

The day has finally arrived. Half of the team (Julie, John & I (Kay) will be meeting at the church in about 4 hours. The rest of the team will be meeting us at the airport.

With this day comes a flood of emotions as final details are being pulled together, soon many tearful 'see you later' will be said as we embark on the next step of this amazing journey God has us on. It's amazing to look back through my life to see everything that God has done to prepare me for this specific time. God is such an amazing author!

We covet every one's prayers deeply as we know they will be a foundation for each thing that is about to happen.

Our prayer for our family and friends while we are gone is that God will bless you and bring you his peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that we get to kind of go on this journey with you, even if it is just through e-mail. Julie and Kay, and I meant to call you yesterday to say one more goodbye and pray for you, but unfortunatly, it was a day full of adventure here. So, know that you are greatly missed, and that we are praying for you. I am so excited that you guys are doing this, and I look forward to hear how God uses you guys over these next two weeks! Be blessed, my friends!
Love~
Leigh Anne :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi baby, I miss you. We are doing fine. We love you so much.
God Bless.
Chris, Nicky, Jaden

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you made it all in one piece & the picture shows you with smiles on your faces..yay! We will continue to pray for you daily as you are on the most exciting adventures of your lives. We look forward to the stories & know that God will bless you in this time. I miss my good friends already. We'll check the site every day for updates. Have fun! We love you guys,
Wade & Danielle :)

Anonymous said...

Blessings to the Bridge Kenya team from First Reformed up in Lynden, WA. Charlene & Kay, we are praying for you and will have a picture from these blogs on the screen at church on Sunday morning! Have a safe return home. God Bless, Ken at FRC Lynden