Monday, September 24, 2007

Yesterday, Today, and Forever...

Hey friends! I don't have a lot of time to write, but I just wanted to assure those of you who have been following my little adventure that I did arrive safely in Kipkaren on Friday. I'll save the details of the story (mostly so that I can tell my parents what happened in a place where they can actually see me and know for sure that I am ok!), but I do want to say that God performed a complete miracle in getting me here. I don't know that I have ever sensed Him so closely or felt His hand move more powerfully in my life than I did that day. And the most amazing part of it is that He is the same today as He was in that moment. He never changes. He is always that close, always that real, always that involved, and always loves me just that much. It's a really great story. I'm sure I'll tell you all when I get home! :)

Other than that, things are great! I'm just trying to dive in to my last week here and see what life is like in Kipkaren without teams or other visitors. Please continue to pray for me over the next 5 days. Pray that God would guide me to the people He wants to connect me with and that I would always say, "yes" whenever I hear His voice. Pray that I would have the emotional energy and courage to let Him take me to deeper levels of understanding and of faith. And pray that I would have the opportunities to lay good foundations for the relationships that will continue even after I return back home. Thanks to the T.K. members who have continued to read about what's happening and are still praying for me! You guys are wonderful and I'm so thankful for each of you. To everyone else - I miss you all so much and wish you could all be here with me!

much love,
erin

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, Glad to hear you are safe and doing well. We think of you often and wonder what you are doing and how are people treating you. At my class reunion I spoke of you often to my old (really old) classmates. They were amazed at your courage and devotion to care of others. Keep up the good work. Call home when you get to London. Your car is clean and the tank is full waiting for your care. Its been raining here a lot over the weekend. Severe mud slides around Griffith Park and the Forrest Lawn Drive area. Lisa and I are planning a small trip for our anniversary, San Francisco. We'll fill you in more when you get to London.
God Bless and Protect You.
Much Love,
Lisa and Dad

Too Many Brain Tabs said...

Erin...I am SO happy to read about your adventures and the great things God is doing in, around and through you. You don't even know how glad I am to know that you are being blessed and being a HUGE blessing there. Thank you so much for continuing to pray for me even as you're dealing with so much excitement and probably stress there in Kenya. I love you so much!

-Tabitha

Kacy said...

GO TEAM ERRRRINNNN!!

I miss you already. Can I come over? ;)
Who needs to sit down to pee and to eat or an endless supply of ice cream when you can hang out in Kipkaren? (don't answer that)

My heart and prayers are with you. Especially right now when there are South African monkeys all over the news and I remember that time I woke you up by saying, "ERIN! I'm feeding monkeys on the porch!"

I can't wait to see you again and hope you are soaking up the Kenyan goodness. Can't wait to hear the stories. I love you, love you, love you.

Tell Joshua I said hi.

- you african-wannabe love, Kacy

Anonymous said...

erin! i have been sleeping so much (and pretty much avoiding the internet) that i had no idea you would continue to update the blog. but, i'm glad you are doing it! especially since now i don't have to wait for you to finish your entries. :) so...i hope they are taking good care of you over there in K-Town (not to be confused with Korea town, of course). perfect some ugali with Richard, ask Kosmas to teach you a self-defense trick or two, and please try to get a tape-recorded personal greeting from Joshua. I'm praying mostly that you have to sit through an entire goodbye service all by yourself and that you have to give a speech, but also that God continues to teach you and mold you and comfort you too. :) "send greetings" to everyone there and come home soon!

Brian said...

Erin I am still praying for you! Its great to hear about your adventures but also to see your desire for God to change your life and the lives of those around you!

Unknown said...

HEy girl just wanted to stop by and say HI!!! I wish I was there with you I miss it so much, tell Winnie and Charity I say Hi if you see them.
Love ya
Roxy