Sunday, August 17, 2008

Northside Church Checkin In

From Cheryl- Jambo, family and friends! We are all safe and very happy, almost rested up. Sarah and I have had some good rest, not so sure about the guys. This is an amazing place, so different than I had envisioned. My little round hut is awesome – electricity and running water! The people are so kind and anxious to please us. And, almost everyone speaks good English. Worship today was so wonderful! I got some great videos of the children singing. Please keep praying – there is much more to see and experience. Tuesday I get to go to the well baby clinic – I can’t wait. But it will be wonderful and heartbreaking! Thank you all for your love and support. Ps –Ray, Tim, Eric, Ken, and Kim, and Tara! I really miss you – being apart from you is the only bad part. I love you and am showing everyone your photos!

From Sarah- Chamgay, dear family and friends. Our team is getting ready to head to bed on the first full day here in Kipkaren, Kenya. It would be impossible to describe the beauty, majesty and wonders we’ve already seen here at this ELI site. Our accommodations are so lovely because we are staying in the newly built cottages, complete with running water and electricity (within feet of the Kipkaren River)…except Cheryl and I have missed out on having lights and warm showers. Hundreds of beautifully colored birds woke us up with their singing. I will never forget the reception we got when we stepped off of the matatu (small bus) when we arrived here. There were around 90 children with the rest of the staff standing out in the cold, muddy evening. They were singing songs about Jesus and wanted to shake all of our hands or give us hugs. In addition to the scenery, there is just so much that is going through my mind about these faithful children and people whose love for God is more obvious than most anything else about them. I am so thankful to have been given this opportunity, and very thankful to all of you for your prayers and financial support. I wish you could be here to see it all, but for now…we just wanted to let you know that we are safe and blessed here in Kenya.

From Barron- Hi Lovely Wife and Beautiful Daughters, I miss and love you guys very much and look forward to seeing your pretty faces again. God is showing us amazing things and preparing us with each step we take leading up to the Youth Camp which starts Wednesday. The Church service was unbelievable this morning; worship was great they love to sign and are very good at it. I have a lot of things to share with you when I get back also a lot of great pictures. Love You Guys So Much and will write back in a few days.

From Rock- o Jambo family and friends. How great is our God here in Kenya, Africa Kipkaren Training center GREAAAAAAAAT! God’s children and staff here big hearts and they love the Lord. I see Amy Carmichael every where I go and the things I see take me back to “A Chance to Die For” by Elisabeth Elliot. Thank you so very much my Jennifer Lynn for helping me get ready for this missions trip. I have seen the work of the Lord everywhere and how his love for the world is blessing the life’s of Kenya’s beautiful people. I will share with you everything I see here after I return. I will never be the same person after my return to the USA. I asked the Lord how much do you love me? His answer: John 3:16 and he brought me here to see this beautiful land of Africa. Keep praying for our team and the people here and the little children. My SSG I will forever and always keep you in my heart, my dreams, and memories! Take care and God Bless Semperfi! Rock Mambo Sawa, We will see who is dancing like hot shrimp fajitas Jenn!!!

No comments: