Saturday, August 16, 2008

Update From Kit

I am just checking in with news from yet another exciting week in Kenya. This past week saw me partaking in my usual routine at the clinic: giving immunizations to babies and then watching those babies give me an utterly perturbed facial expression that seems to inquire as to why I would be so nice to them, and then a few minutes later stick them with a needle. Oh the quandaries and enigmas of early childhood . . . Last week I wrote of a mother who was stabbed seven times by her mentally handicapped son. I have since spoken to the ELI staff about this, and we have arranged for one of ELI's pastors and social workers to further investigate this situation and decide the next course of action. More on this story as it develops.
Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go with 100 of the children from Kipkaren Children's Home on an informal "Safari Sunday." We saw much of the countryside as we hiked to a local waterfall. The sights were incredible; I have never seen such beautiful land before. Our "Safari Sunday" ended with a moderate rainstorm as we all sought refuge in a local's barn. Life in Kenya has yet to be boring and lacking in surprises.
My Internet availability today is slightly less than normal, so I will close now in saying thank you again to all who have supported me in prayer through this time.
-Kit





Labels: intern

No comments: