Sunday, May 17, 2009

Team APU: Safe and Full

All flights were smooth. There was practically no trouble at any airport. Bwana asifiwe (Praise the Lord)! It seemed we were eating every two hours or so. Sleep, eat, sleep, eat, de-board. Do it again. It's beautiful here! And this is just the city, I can't wait till we get to the village. The sky is clear and blue, the land is flat and green all around.
First night in a bed tonight after a couple days and most of the team is taking advantage of it. We arrived in the big city at 6 AM. After a short ride to the guest house, we had breakfast and some time to relax. We checked out the local market and we were able to get some deals (some better than others). We were fortunate enough to have dinner at a local restaurant much like a Brazilian BBQ - meat after meat coming around on skewers. It was delicious! We had crocodile and chicken liver and ostrich along with the norms of lamb, chicken, and steak. I'm not sure one back in the States could compare (sorry Porto Alegre).
Another flight tomorrow morning. Pray the flights continue to be blessed.
Pray for:
Grace and patience with each other to start now so when we are tired it is already a habit.
Continued blessing and protection from the Lord.
Open eyes, ears, and hearts for us and those we encounter.
Boldness and wisdom
You all are being prayed for also. Bwana akubariki (Lord bless you)! Please leave comments below!

9 comments:

Donna said...

I am so excited and happy to read your report. You are all being bathed in prayer every hour. There are so many of our family and friends that are lifting you up and rejoicing in what God is doing in your lives. I look forward to reading more updates and seeing some photos, too. Did Taylor get to see her elephants yet? I send all my love to Taylor and many blessings to the whole team. Not sure how use the HTML stuff, so hopefully this message will be readable!
In His Love,
Donna McCord

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so glad that you have finally made the long journey. You have so many people praying for all of you in the states. I can not wait to see what God has in store for all of you! Miss you J!
Ashleigh Richard

Anonymous said...

Hey Y'All! Pray without ceasing. That is my mantra for this group. Whenever I think of you I pray. God will empower you and lives- including yours- will be changed forever. That thought alone gives me goose bumps!!
Scott Raftery

Anonymous said...

Hope you are all saae and having a great experience. Emily I would have liked to see you eat crocodile, chicken liver and ostrich!

Laura Craig

Kelle Sue said...

I cannot imagine Porto Alegre being beaten. I'm sure it was cheaper :) I am so glad that you are there and safe. You are all in our prayers. Be blessed and open.
KSC

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all doing well and that you had have arrived safely!
Take care and remember APU's motto: God First! :)
Praying Ephesians 3:14-19 over you all.

Ilise Lauman

Anonymous said...

Oops. Sorry about the grammar error :)

Willard/Robbins said...

We are praying daily for you to meet the Lord in Kenya. He is waiting. Thank you for the blog, it means a lot to us. Blessings, Jamie & Donna Robbins (Brent's parents)

Anonymous said...

Emily I am so glad that you have arrived safely. Our whole church will be praying for you and your team. Let God guide you and you will bring joy to everyone around you. I love you! Mom P.S. I hope I do this right....its my first blog comment. What you make me do!