Tuesday, July 03, 2007

From the heart of Megan Hoffman...

I am sitting on my bed in Africa, contemplating all that God has opened my eyes to in the past 2 months. I have a little less than 2 weeks left in Africa, and feel like this trip is a step in preparing me for a life of service for the oppressed and hurting of this world. I have seen many things on this trip that I am not ok with. I have seen young boys sleeping on the street covered in dirt as I walk through town. I have seen children left with nothing as their mothers die from AIDS. I have seen broken families and broken spirits all over Kenya, and it stirs my heart as I question what I am able to do to help. I am so thankful for what God is beginning in my heart, and I am excited to see how God is going to continue the work He is doing in me. My prayer is that I will live in accordance with the Holy Spirit, and have my mind set on what the Spirit desires (Romans 8:5). Bwana Asifiwe!

No comments: